Sunday, January 26, 2014

Jillian Michaels-Hard Body, Level 1



I bought this because one of my teacher friends had recommended it.  I usually go for a short run after a JM video, but to be truthful, I was really ready for a long nap and a bubble bath after this one.
This is a TOUGH exercise video, and be mindful of your body while working out.  I consider myself to be in shape, but after this DVD, I was in true pain.  Good luck!
Each short routine is about 1 minute in length.  I didn't time it because I just wanted to make sure I didn't die (snicker).
Warmup
Jumping jacks

Backbends alternating with stepping back into planks

Twisting front kicks

"Riverdance"
Skater steps from chair pose
Full circuit (performed twice)
Circuit 1

Speed squats

Speed Pushups

Speedrope (I use 5 lb. weights)

Straight-legged situps alternating with supermans
Circuit 2
Rows alternating with bicep curls/lunges

Suicides

Crunch with alternate leg lifts

Chest press/chest fly/tricep head banger in bridge position
Circuit 3

Calf raise and shoulder press in sumo squat position

Weighted burpees
 (I use 10 lb. weights)
Bicep curls in crescent pose, alternating with tricep kickbacks in warrior 3 pose
Circuit 4
Side lunges with rows, alternating with chair poses with front raises

Skiers

Traveling pushups with lateral jumps (have mercy!!!)
Circuit 5

Plank row pushups with mountain climbers

Crab kicks (double-time for advanced)

Alternating lunges with a punch
Circuit 6
Surrenders with dolphin

Squat Spinners

Elbow side plank with elbow-to-elbow crunch

Lat pull with pelvic thrust (if you have any kind of rotator injury, be very careful...I speak from experience!)
Cooldown
Standing hamstring stretches

Chest and shoulder stretches

No comments: