Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred, Circuit 1

When I first started Weight Watchers (four years ago), one of my friends suggested trying a Jillian Michaels video to alternate on my running days.  I have to say, I was hooked.  Even though I consider(ed) myself a seasoned runner and an in-shape gal, Level 1 of this video had me soaked in sweat  and begging for mercy.  I came to the conclusion, that I was not as "in shape" as I really thought I was. Three weeks later, the one thing my mom said, "You do not have a muffin top any more." :)

Here's the breakdown....
Calories Burned (between 200 and 300)

Warm Up

  • Arm crosses, windmills, jumping jacks, hip circles, repeat of jumping jacks

Circuit 1 (3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs)
  • Strength-Pushups, Squat and a Press, Repeat
  • Cardio-Jumping Jacks, Jump Rope (I use 5 lb weights), repeat
  • Abs-Basic Crunch, Reverse Crunch
Circuit 2 
  • Strength-Dumbell Row, Static Lunge with Bicep Curl (one leg), repeat with opposite leg
  • Cardio-Butt Kicks, Alternating Punches (I use 5 lb weights), repeat
  • Abs-Crunch Across the Body (one side, then other)
Circuit 3
  • Strength-Chest Flys (with weights), Anterior Raise with Alternating Side Lunge, repeat
  • Cardio-Jumping Jacks, Butt Kicks, Alternating Punches, Jump Rope
  • Abs-Bicycle Crunches

No comments: