Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The diary of a half marathoner....





Well, remains to be seen.

My running schedule has been off-kilter since we all had the stomach flu 3 weeks ago. Ugh, it was an ugly mess for all 3 of us, and it seems every time this child of ours gets sick, here we go again. All the Clorox in the world couldn't kill that germ.

This past weekend, I did an 8 mile run, and we headed to the Monster Truck Jam in Richmond. We had a blast, and quite frankly it was one of the BEST days I have had with my family EVER! We got to the Coliseum around 11:30 for the Pitt Party, where you get to meet the drivers. Matthew was all excited and his eyes were about as wide as they could get with excitement. Bless his little heart...well-deserved since he had been fighting the stomach flu, then a cold for the past two weeks. Finally, the pre-show started around 1:30 and then the trucks were moved into tunnel under the Coliseum. I totally expected major protest from this child because of wearing earplugs, but he was a real trooper and kept them in the whole time.

I am not one to brag about my child, but I have to say, his behavior was stellar. I haven't quite seen him so excited before. He also got super excited about the quad engines, they were very cool.

Onto other things...my half marathon is almost 6 weeks away. Did I just say 6 weeks? Wow. I've been training since June of last year, so here's hoping I'm ready. It may take me 3 hours, but I'm determined to do it....unless it's raining, and then I'm going back to bed!

Just a recipe to share.....I made this yesterday and it's awesome!


1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup

2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup

1. Place chicken breasts in crockpot

2. Mix undiluted soups together with the garlic powder and pour over chicken.

3. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

4. Serve over rice or noodles.

And here are some pictures to share....

No comments: