Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!



Happy 2010, and I am sad to say that I fell asleep at 10:30 and did not ring in the new year. I have a two year old, so sue me. When I need or can get rest, I do it!

Overall we had a great Christmas. Matthew was surprised and very happy to see that Santa had brought him a Thomas the Train table, a drum set (God help me!), and a Bozo punching bag (daddy's influence on this one!). In all honesty, the drum set has seemed to lose some of its appeal (thank God) and can now be moved into the closet. I think this is more for Daddy's benefit than Matthew's.

I was on vacation last week, and wouldn't ya know? Our boy got sick! Always happens when I take vacation. Needless to say, it was just an ugly head cold, but he still ran a fever up to 102. By Wednesday, I had had enough. I was painting the master bedroom and Matthew kept coming in there trying to climb the ladder, and I yelled at him. I can't believe I lost my temper like that. I guess we all go through it, but I am pissed at myself for it. How could I have done this to my kid? And I know...I yelled! I didn't hit him, just yelled at him and now I feel incredibly guilty. The funny part is, he still hugs and kisses all over me, so he'll never remember it, but I will for a long time.

Thankfully, his fever broke, and I was able to place him with our sitter for the next two days. I cleaned house and worked out. I am kicking ...butt...on running right now. Up to 8.25 miles a day. I did 5.5 on Friday on the treadmill at the YMCA (had to get that free t-shirt for the new year) and did 3 on the elliptical. I ran this weekend, and did my step aerobics DVD on Sunday evening. I hit that again tonight, and I also bought Jillian Michael's (Biggest Loser) trainer's video today. I bet it's tough, she's hell on the TV program.
On a sad note, we lost a friend a colleague here at work Sunday evening due to breast cancer. She was one of the most upbeat people I've ever met, and I am blessed to have worked with her. She was taken way too early from us, but I know God has some other plan for her. In relation to this, I have been reading 90 Minutes in Heaven . If you ever have any doubts about God and his love for you, read it! I'm not sure why, but I had a panic attack last night when I got home, and a total meltdown. Death is not an issue when you're somewhat prepared for it, but when it's a total shock, you have a hard time dealing or finding closure. This gal was thin, petite and I thought healthy. Evidently she's been battling a reoccurence of breast cancer for some time. All I can say is live your life to its fullest daily. I can't wait to get home tonight and see my husband! (and do more step aerobics!).

Here are some Christmas pictures from our day. I have one of me holding Matthew Christmas morning, but I look like S$*&! :) Have a blessed week!

Love,
Cindy

No comments: