Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Let it snow...











Enough already! While I was excited for the snow to arrive, I'm over it, for the entire year! I'm ready for summer and beach weather.

Last week I dropped $520 in the matter of 4 hours, can you believe that? I took my Toyota Matrix in to check on a squeaky belt, seems the sucker needed replacing at 36,000 miles, what the heck? The reason I bought a Toyota was to not have to replace parts on the vehicle. I called Toyota earlier today and gave them a piece of my mind! We'll see if it does any good, I want my $141 back! I proceeded then down to Pep Boys and bought two new tires for the Matrix. The rear tires (formerly the front) are in BAD shape. John is hopefully going to put them on this weekend! Yay for new tires! I then proceeded to pay my babysitter...whom I adore and she earned every penny.

I met up with my good friend Diane and had lunch with her at Tripp's last week. Yum, it was delicious, and since we are both doing Weight Watchers, the Chicken and Grille salad fit right into our diet. I also traveled a couple of days last week which were a total joy to get away from corporate central. I enjoy visiting my schools and the educators there.

So as for the snow, we hunkered down for the weekend, backed the vehicles in in preparation for the big snowfall. Little did we know that we'd get 16 inches of the crap. Thank God for grocery shopping on Friday! We ventured out into the wintry weather on Saturday with Matthew, it was not too exciting for him, in fact, he hated it. John and I took turns being babysitter, I got my run in, and then the shoveling began. I was determined to shovel our whole driveway....ha! We live on 4.12 acres, so not happening. I did help John out tremendously and I at least put a good dent in the clean up efforts. John finally got out on Monday in my SUV and did some grocery shopping, and got some rock salt to put on our driveway, which has helped to alleviate some of the ice-iness!

I ventured out yesterday, and was determined to get my hair cut. I'm trying to let it grow out, but split ends were needing some hacking on. It took me literally 20 minutes to get out of our subdivision and down our side street. It was scary! I got so mad when someone would come in the opposite direction...I had to actually get in my lane! Needless to say, I made it home safely, and hopefully my adventure into work tomorrow will be a little easier with the snow melting. Thank God for warmer weather! Bring on the 50s for Christmas day.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend.

From our family to yours, have a blessed Christmas holiday!

Cindy (and the rest of the Matejkas!)

No comments: