Monday, September 21, 2009

Fantastic Weekend!

Well it started off a little rocky. I don't know why marriage is such a big pain the butt at times, and seems like fights between a spouse can feel like your heart has been torn out and stomped upon on the floor. I guess it just makes us love each other that much more after you get past it. Another day under my belt...

I have every other Friday off, so I cleaned the house. I am proud to report, Matthew never had to be put in the playpen. He did great, playing in the great room, watching Sesame Street, and playing with his toys. He did follow me around and yelled at the vacuum cleaner some, which is beyond hysterical. Matthew took his afternoon nap, I did a power walk routine on the treadmill to burn some calories and took a shower. We then headed to Wal-Mart to do the grocery shopping thing, and $119 later, I came home. I have found that eating healthy is expensive, which seems ass backwards to me, ya know?

Anyway, Saturday was our typical day at home, playing upstairs, watching Barney, snacking, etc. Matthew now has good control with the whole texture issue, he LOVES freaking graham crackers. He can't eat enough of them! John took over at 2 and I headed to the Goochland YMCA. The place was dead as a doornail, so I stayed on the treadmill for an hour (yep, I'm a rebel...time limit is supposed to be only 45 minutes...ha!). It felt so refreshing to be away from home, to have my I-pod and an open road (well, open treadmill) in front of me. As many of you know, I'm doing Weight Watchers, I am down 12 lbs, 18 to go. We'll see, I weigh tomorrow. I ran my butt off this morning at home on our treadmill while watching Burn Notice. This is by far one of the best shows on television, so if you get a chance, watch it! Season 3 starts in January and I can't freaking wait. I have Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD and watch them quite frequently while running. I can't get John interested in the show, so I'm not sure what his deal is. Preferences maybe?

Oh well, off track here. Yesterday we went to Field Day of the Past. For those of you not familiar, it's almost like a watered down version of the State Fair. They have animals, rides, food vendors, but much history to take in while visiting. There were steam engines and old farming equipment from all over the state. Matthew was taking it ALL in, and so was his Daddy. Matthew's favorite part were the animals and petting zoo. He had a toddler, terrible twos fit when I tried to take him away to show him other things at the event. I knew nap time was coming. Sure enough, we headed for home to eat lunch, and he was asleep. I had to wake him up to eat lunch, and then he had tons of energy to burn!? I don't know where it came from, he walked that entire event, so I'm surprised he had the energy. Nevertheless at 1:30, I'd had enough and put him down for a nap. Didn't take long...

I then went for a run/walk venue on our treadmill, took a shower, and got things ready for the week. I'm amazed at what I can do in 15 minutes time...pack lunches for me and Matthew, mop the kitchen floor, fold a load of laundry, and fix sippy cups of milk for the boy for his sitter the next day. Take that men! :)

Hope all of you have a blessed week.

Thought for the week, pray daily, it's a good thing! :)
Love,
Cindy

No comments: