Monday, August 24, 2009

Great weekend!



Well, Friday was the typical cleaning day, and after Matthew nap, and my run on the treadmill, we headed to my parents to visit briefly. I really wanted to go swimming, but since Matthew and I are still trying to get past this whole cold thing, I figured we'd better wait until next week. We visited for a while, then headed to Ukrop's, my favorite store EVER!

The plan for the weekend was for my parents to come eat dinner with us Saturday evening, which they did. Anyway, back to grocery shopping....I joined Weight Watchers, not where I have to go to the meetings, like I have time for that, but online. Awesome website to track your food intake, exercise, and find a lot of great recipes! There are also online message boards where you can chat with other members and get support. There are 4 members here at the office, and so we're all trying to support each other.

Mind you, I'm NOT obese or extremely overweight. When I was breastfeeding Matthew, I was not only feeding this child, but also running 32 miles per week. That's approximately 3000 calories burned per day, so I could eat whatever I wanted to. Post feeding the little rug rat, my body still wants food like it's 3000 calories per day, so therefore, an 18 lb weight gain. John did keep reminding me that I still run 32 miles per week and he seems to believe that I'm one of the healthiest eaters he's ever met, but I told him he's not there when I put Ranch dressing on a salad, or 4 slices of cheese on a sandwich, etc. It's time to get back to the basics.

I have done really well all weekend, and today, until the past 15 minutes, I got the shakes and was hungry, so grabbed a pack of crackers out of the snack machine. Truly, this was not going to "hurt" my point allowance for the week. We're allotted extra points during the week just in case such a thing happens, and sure enough it did. I started sweating and shaking and knew that I needed to eat. All better now. I have to say WW is the BEST for dieters, for it allows for you to monitor portions and still eat like a human being. :)So I'm pretty excited and looking forward to seeing 135 again. I weighed this when I got married and for a year after, at least until I got pregnant. Needless to say, we'll see how it goes. I'm signed up for 3 months and just so happy to be doing this for me and for my family. I hope to be the hottest momma on the beach next summer. Watch out Emerald Isle.

Enough about all that, mom and dad visited Saturday night. We cooked steak kabobs on the grill, along with baked potatoes for the guys, mom and I ate salads. Yummy stuff. Matthew was in rare form having his grandparents there. He is crazy about his Pop! Matthew is lucky for my mom and for myself, we never met our grandfathers, so I'm so blessed and happy that Matthew has my dad!

Sunday was the usual, church, home, I went for a power walk pre-programmed routine on our treadmill, I really enjoyed it.

Now, one of my friends here at work has been bugging the hell out of me to watch a show called Burn Notice on USA, she has Season 1 on DVD, and she loaned it to me. I freaking love this show. So, after church on Sunday, I went to Wal-Mart to get a few goodies, and picked up Season 2 on DVD, well worth the $40 I spent on it, well, we'll see. I'll start watching tomorrow when I go for my 4:30 a.m. run. Screw you thunderstorms, don't you dare keep me awake tonight.

Love to you all, will keep you posted on the dieting!

Check out pics from this weekend and Matthew's first haircut, done by myself!
Cindy

No comments: