Monday, July 13, 2009

Awesome weekend...

So, as a mom, I told all of you ladies to unite and get away for one night, it can do you a world of good.

After a long day of cleaning, the hubby arrived home on Friday, my bags were packed and I hit the road. I made sure to, however, go over all details for taking care of our little guy while I was gone.

I arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn in Charlottesville, Virginia around 5 p.m. I got checked into the hotel, only to get upstairs and to discover I had no shampoo or toothbrush/toothpaste in tow....NOT good. So, I went back downstairs, and they were more than happy to oblige me with some freebies for my stay...Neutrogena not too shabby for the Hilton, the good stuff, ya know?

I then chilled out and watched some TV on the nice flat-screen in the room, and around 6 changed clothes and went downstairs to meet my friend Patti for dinner. Patti and I go waaayyy back. We taught together at Fluvanna Middle School back in 1994. We became friends right from day one, and have kept in touch, but really haven't seen each other since I got married in October 2006. And I will add that I was a bridesmaid in her wedding, like anyone who reads this gives a flying fart :)

We went to Cheeseburger in Paradise in Charlottesville. I'm going to post a food review shortly on my Food Fit for Consumption blog. I have to say the atmosphere there was cute and fun, and the weather couldn't have been better. We had a blast catching up, but the funny part is, all we talked about were our husbands and our kids. Go run to get away from it all and all you talk about are the two people that mean the most to you? :)

After a couple of hours, Patti dumped me off at hotel central and I ordered up Marley and Me. $11.99 for a movie I could rent at the local Blockbuster for $5, but oh well, I was splurging. So for a night that was supposed to be happy and relaxing, I ended up bawling my eyes out in a hotel room at midnight. Sheesh...a great family flick, but I didn't need all those tears before trying to fall asleep. Oh well, at 7:30 the next morning, I was heading back to good ole Goochland.

I do have to add, that Patti and I saw a bumper sticker on our way back that said "o-vomit"...Love it and I really want one!

Matthew and John were happy for me to return, especially Matthew.....he couldn't put his arms up fast enough to hug momma. It was a very sweet and endearing moment, and made me feel guilty. I spent the morning with the little guy and when he napped, I went for my run. Took a shower, ate lunch, and then had an IBS attack...eeek. My intentions were to take Matthew to the Goochland Y's pool, but alas, John did an hour of daddy duty and I napped to get to feeling better. Damn fat free chocolate ice cream, in the trash you go!

We had a nice evening and ate Chef Lee Chinese food...not a good thing for an IBS sufferer, so I only ate a small portion, and survived without any consequences.

Off to sleep land, well sort of, Matthew had a horrible night. I don't know if it was from me being gone or teeth. I think teeth cutting was our primary problem. We did the whole church thing on Sunday, lunch at Red Lobster with momma, and spent some quality family time at home.

We put Matthew in the "Shep" car. Shep used to be a part of safety town at various fair events, and took the kids around in his little car. When John talks into a microphone, shep talks as well..the German Shepard who is usually in the car driving. Matthew did NOT like Shep the talking dog. We actuallly got a good giggle out of the whole thing. Posted are some pics of Matthew and Shep. I caught one of these pictures of Matthew and John reading on the couch. Matthew loves to look at his Thomas the Tank Engine book.

I hope all of you have a blessed week.

No comments: