Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Well Happy 4th..

Or Happy 7th since it seems I'm running a little late here.

Thank God we had off this past Friday! Woohoo, John and I are freaking exhausted...ever since Matthew's hospital visit...it's been hectic. I was sick, John got sick, running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Sheesh! We enjoyed a real low-key kind of weekend.

John took Matthew for a couple of hours so I could go into Richmond to take care of some business there. It didn't take as long as I thought, so headed back to good ole Goochland. I then picked my two boys up, and we headed to O'Charley's restaurant. I did a nice little restaurant review on my restaurant blog (http://foodfitforconsumption.blogspot.com/), you can read more there. We had a great time, and I'll have to say, the cute little man was in the best mood and on good behavior while there. He can be testy at times in restaurants, especially if the service is slow, he did great while there, and since our food arrived so darn quickly, we were out of there in well under an hour. Oh yes, and I did run 6 miles that morning when little Matthew took his nap, so I thought the rolls at O'Charley's were well-deserved :)

Saturday morning, I spent mostly playing with the little guy. We did go grocery shopping at the proverbial Goochland Food Lion (yuck) and came home with $96 of food. I got steaks and sweet potatoes to cook on the grill. Matthew took his 2 hour nap, we ate lunch and then Daddy took some time with him. I went outside and washed and waxed the Matrix...obviously the reason we had all that rain on Sunday. After we got the steaks going and finally ate, John bought some wonderful (NOT) fireworks from Food Lion. We set them off in our backyard and watched Matthew ham it up with them. He thought the whole thing was pretty comical and continuously pointed his father in the direction of which firework to light next. It was muggy on the back deck and I was just yearning to get back into the air conditioning. I took 3 showers on Saturday...

Sunday we did the whole church thing, Matthew visited the nursey, and then headed home. No eating out with mom, I just wanted to vedge one more day before heading back to work. Fed Matthew, ate lunch, and tried to get him down for a nap. He was not cooperative. I wanted to hit the treadmill, but couldn't, so John took him upstairs with him. I pounded out 6.6 miles. Yeah, I was really gross by the time I got finished but I'm up to running at 8 mph, and I do believe that is real impressive for someone who used to smoke a pack a day of Marlboro Lights. Anyway, when I came upstairs, there's Matthew beside John, on the bed, and both were snoring. I swear, if I hadn't been drenched in sweat, I would have gone downstairs and gotten my camera to get a picture. It was too cute.

Showered and relaxing the rest of the evening, and ventured back to freaking work on Monday. However, the joy of having a flex schedule, I'll be off this Friday as well. I can't wait for this Friday, I'm cleaning house, going for a run, and then heading to Charlottesville for a night out with one of my long time friends. It's a girls' night out and I'm ecstatic. I haven't had a night out alone in a long time, looking forward to enjoying a night in a king size bed and remote all to myself. To all my mom friends, unite and enjoy a night out alone. I think all hard working moms deserved it!

Will post pics from Charlottesville soon. In the meantime, enjoy some pics of Matthew!

No comments: