Monday, April 6, 2009

Why does it have to be???







Some sad news this past week about a friend of my parents, she lost her daughter to leukemia. This young lady was only 33 and left behind a truly genuine loving husband and a little boy of the age of 3. It breaks my heart. Anyway, Adrian is now blogging daily about it, and it seems to be very cathartic for him, so if you'd like to support him in his efforts, feel free to read his Blog. I know he'd greatly appreciate your support. Thing that happen like this make me question and wonder about the world we live in. I know God has a plan for all of us, but I have a hard time understanding WHY when it comes to someone so young and someone who is a mother to such a precious little boy. I have to just keep saying, "Thy will be done."

I haven't written in so freaking long, it's sad. We have a major WALKER at our house now. The little terror is more like running anymore. He is also into everything. I feel as though the only phrase I know is, "No Matthew." It's very frustrating. I will say he is a ton of fun now as well. Watching him learn and talk and grow daily is a real hoot. I only wish I had all the money in the world to stay at home with him or even to work part time. I know I'm blessed to be on a flex schedule and to be able to enjoy my Fridays with him, but still it makes me sad. I declare that I will still win the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes and then will be able to have another baby, stay home, and be the best mom ever. I'd like to think I'm a great mom now, but spending quality time all day every day with that little fella would make it all perfect. I know however that he's in good hands while I do my job on Sesame Street.

We have a 3 day weekend coming up, woohoo! I can't wait. Three Fridays in a row off! I was able to enjoy some of it this past week, we went to Short Pump Mall and saw the Easter Bunny on Friday. Matthew did GREAT. He actually liked him. He has been so sick again all of last week with a horrible head cold. He seems to be doing much better now. A little runny nose here and there, but I think that still may be from teething. His sleep pattern is still improving, but it's slow going. Last week, he surprised us Thursday night by sleeping the entire night and it went downhill from there. Last night he was up twice, 11:30 and then 2:30, I still think his wet diaper wakes him up. This too shall pass, I've survived 14 months without sleep, so I'm sure it will improve by the time he is 3 years of age...geeze!

Saturday, we had the joy of going to Gum Spring United Methodist for their annual Easter Egg Hunt. I have to say, they did a great job organizing it. They had areas set up for the younger kids to hunt. Although Matthew does not quite yet grasp the concept, he did rather well. He was so tired when we got home, so I put him down for a quick nap, and then my parents came up for some burgers on the grill. That little boy was a hoot, and knew he was the center of attention with those two. They ate it up as well, it was good quality family time all day on Saturday.

Sunday we had church and sat in the back with Matthew. Matthew decided to give out a yell during the service and our minister promptly stopped talking and said, "Amen" at Matthew's comment. The whole church cracked up. What a hoot! We will not put Matthew in the nursery until he is able to talk at length. I love my church and love the people there, but I am not trusting enough to just dump him in there yet. Call me anal and old fashioned, but I'm sticking to my guns on this one. There's too much evil in this world, and it has no boundaries, even in the church unfortunately.

Ah, well I think that's all for now, enjoy some random pictures of Mr. Matthew. Thank you Missy for taking a pic at the Hunt on Saturday!
Cindy

1 comment:

Missy Glave said...

It was great seeing you guys on Saturday. Matthew was so cute! Mike told me I should type handsome instead of cute. =)