Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Having some fun...




Since I last wrote, we have been through a nice snow storm, been without power almost 24 hours, and Matthew and I have both been sick with nasty sinus infections :)

Quite the weekend. Matthew was up Friday night with a fever of 102. We gave him some Tylenol, which helped to make the fever go down, but it was back up some on Saturday morning. He's doing well now, but still has some congestion and is coughing. Oh, dear God, Friday night, he gagged so much from coughing that he vomited all over himself. After 3 jars of sweet potatoes and some bananas, they all came back, on my bathroom floor. Poor little guy, and it just makes me dread the stomach flu. I think I can deal with any illness but that one.

Saturday, I was really stupid. Despite having a sinus infection and coughing some, I still went for a 3 mile run. My own stupidity and I began with a fever around 1:30. At this time, I had had it! John was being a lazy ass on the couch, so I made him take Matthew for two hours and I took a much needed nap.

Sunday came and brought the snow and a walking Matthew. I got him to balance himself at the DVD player in the bedroom (we were watching an Elmo DVD) and told him to come to me, and sure enough he did. He then proceeded to walk all the way across the bedroom Sunday night, but hasn't done it since, ha ha. We'll see, I think he is just stubborn like his momma.

Monday we had a snow day and didn't have to report to work. I have to admit, the roads in Goochland around our house were in BAD shape. Thank God for the SUV. I actually dropped Matthew off at the sitter's house on Tuesday, and was able to back the car up the hill to our house without it in 4 wheel drive. This vehicle was one of the best purchases I ever made.

Well I'm off tomorrow to the Piedmont Science Fair to be a judge (for PBS) and have Friday off. I'm actually leaving Matthew with his babysitter and am going to clean the house, and go to the gym, then pick him up and head to WalMart to get some baskets to put his books and toys in.

I hope all of you have a blessed weekend! So, what do you think of the new layout? :) I was so proud to do the top part of the page on Scrapblog.
Love,
Cindy

No comments: