Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm late again....



I just noticed I'm late again posting, it's a wonder Missy didn't come after me! Last week was such a short week, that I neglected to write and was so freaking busy at work, I just didn't have time.

Well, needless to say, Thanksgiving sucked. I got up that morning and ran, and by 3 p.m. that afternoon I had a runny nose and sore throat. Evidently the sinus infection I had a couple of weeks ago, decided to reappear. I'm now on a 10-day supply of antibiotics, and let's hope this gets me well. I HATE being sick and not being able to exercise. I know this entire illness was brought on by stress. Read further....

We spent Thanksgiving with John's family and had a good time. My MIL was well-behaved for a change. On Friday I had to take my tire to my little blue car to the shop. I had to get an entirely new tire, you are gonna love this, $214. I about shit in my pants. I need to have that car fixed, we're heading next week to Roanoke and I trust it a lot more than my SUV.

Okay, so here's the story on Roanoke. I have to attend the ETLC conference in Roanoke next week, Tuesday night through Friday morning. If I were NOT breastfeeding, this would not be an issue. Originally, I did NOT have to go, but one of my comrades is ill, and now I am being made to go, not asked, MADE to go. I cannot get enough breastmilk pumped ahead of time, no supplementing, although he did great today with some formula mixed in with his milk, but I cannot get ahead of the milk to leave him with his father for 4 days. I don't trust John either, I think he is going to get so freaking frustrated with Matthew during the night time hours, that I'm tickled pink to take him with me. Needless to say, I'm rethinking of going back into teaching next fall, and I truly can't wait. They at least are putting families first, and that's what matters. The love I have for Matthew is unending and I can't help how much I love that little boy, so I'm doing what's best for him. Mom and Matthew are hitting the road with us. Please pray pray pray that we have a very safe trip down there next week. Of course, I'll post before we leave. I hate driving on 81, this is one of the busiest roads I've ever seen in my life.

Oh well, off to pump and to try to cheer up. Just everyone email me and tell me life will be okay.
Love you guys!
Cindy

No comments: