Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our big night...

So, since I have the blog police (aka, Missy) after me, I figured I'd better write this morning.

The one bad thing I didn't do, was take pictures last night. John and I had both dressed nicely for the event.

Ok, so for those of you who don't know, I work for PBS, Sesame Street. We are constantly doing local productions, and one of our most talented writers/producers recently began working on a program entitled, Questioning the Constitution. He asked me to do the educational component for the program, and even did some National Standards work on it as well (like the Virginia Standards of Learning but at the federal level). Two years ago, right after John and I got married, the documentary we produced on J. Sargeant Reynolds was released, and I did the educational components on that one as well. John was so proud of me.

Last night the big premiere of Questioning the Constitution was conducted at the Library of Virginia. This is by far my favorite building downtown. They had a catered reception, open bar, and a lot of people. Dr. Larry Sabato was there, and he's a huge political speaker based at the UVA Center for Politics. After the reception, we moved into a theater, where the program was previewed. So my name scrolls with the credits at the end. Makes me really proud! My hubby was impressed, but we didn't get to stay for the whole thing, we had to pick the little guy up from grandma's and get home wtih him. The program will premiere on September 22nd at 8 p.m. on Channel 23 here in Richmond, and NATIONWIDE with 165 other PBS stations in October. How exciting, my name will be scrolling on the screen with 165 other places, lol!

All in all it was a lovely evening. It seems Matthew decided to throw up peas all over his grandmother, so I got an earful from both John and Mom about him not liking them. So what was a great evening, went down the toilet around 9 p.m. Why men can't learn to keep their mouths shut I will never understand!!! When he starts doing his dinners, and figuring out what he does or doesn't like, then maybe I'll listen to him, but for right now, I'm staying on the "momma" track! On a happier note, Matthew slept through the night last night. I think he was just so tired, we wore him out, yippee.

Thanks for reading, I should have lots to write about on Monday, we're headed to Field Day of the Past this weekend. :)

1 comment:

Missy Glave said...

Cindy ... congratulations ... we are very proud of you! It sounds like you guys had a really good time.

As far as the "not liking" certain foods, I've been told you should introduce a non-favorite food at least 10 times before you give up on it entirely. I don't know if that's the "right" thing to do, but something to think about!

Can't wait to hear about your visit to Field Day of the Past.