Thursday, October 4, 2007

Great weekend...




Sorry it has taken me so long to write, but I've been busy with work and pregnancy, and being a wife, etc.

Well, Friday I was bad. I had good intentions of going to the gym, but was too tired. So, I went home and spent some time with hubby and we went to Chef Lee for dinner. Geeze, how I love that chicken and shrimp combo. We then came home and had a leisurely night at home doing laundry. I'm getting a little concerned with the laundry and with the dishwasher, we have a well and need rain. John swears our well is deep enough that we will not run out of water, but it still is a concern for me. I'm never happy unless I am worrying about something! Typical IBS patient.

John and I went to the State Fair on Saturday afternoon. I was good Saturday morning and walked a little over seven and a half miles at the Y and at home. I enjoyed it and it made me feel better. We went to the Fair and it was a mad house. One perk was we had free tickets that I'd gotten through work. We walked around a lot (it was hot!) and visited the Arts and Crafts building to find my photography. I didn't win anything this year, however, there were some crappy pieces that won in the black and white category. One was a picture of a wall with a ladder on it, how stupid is that? Oh well, there was some very stiff competition and the fact that I entered was enough satisfaction for me. John and I got a kick out of watching the little kids on the Midway Junior rides. They were having a blast and we couldn't help but to grin knowing that in a couple of years, that will be our little tyke! There were a ton of baby strollers there as well, so I'm thinking next year, we'll take a half day off and go and scoot Matt around the joint. I still can't get over the fact that I'm going to be a mom. Am I ready?

John also played a game and won us a 22 inch Elmo for the nursery, awww!!!

Sunday, John stayed at home while I went to church (shame on him). Mom and I went out to lunch at Applebee's and then I went to the gym again and walked. I love to walk, makes me feel so good! I then came home and truly enjoyed spending time with my husband!

Woohoo for the premiere of Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. DH is the best. I love that show and Gabby just cracks me up. Grey's is getting corny as hell, what is up with that???

I went to another doctor's appointment this past Wednesday, now up 23 pounds. Holy cow! I am freaking out. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I'm walking every day, eating, for the most part, very healthy! WEIRD! I have to remember there's a baby in there! My doctor fussed at me, and I started crying telling her that I've been eating right and exercising, and then she said to calm down and not to worry about it. As for happier moments, the baby has started kicking. He's doing major dances on my cervix lately, which makes me pee!

Love you guys and I can't wait to share about this weekend. Fun stuff ahead. Here are some pictures, again of my putty tats and one at the fair.
Cindy

No comments: