Monday, October 8, 2007

VERY busy weekend





Well another week down, a little over 17 weeks to go! This child is on a roll now, I get kicked too many times a day now. I definitely did not appreciate him kicking me at 3 a.m. this morning and waking me out of my sleep.

Saturday, John and I headed to Madison County, my grandmother's home, for a dedication. The house was built before the Civil War, and there is a gravesite there on the property. Through family efforts, the graveyard was restored and was dedicated on Saturday. They actually had over 180 people in attendance and the Daughters of the Confederacy and the Sons of the Confederacy were there in their attire to dedicate the gravesite. It was definitely an awesome sight. I have a ton of pictures to share and will post a few with this writing. The 21 gun salute was the best and kept us jumping for a short period of time. Of course, John thought the noise was too much for our future child to handle (bullshit...) and that I should retreat away from the graveyard. Again, knowledge is power and if he'd only read the books that I've bought.

We finally got to spend some real quality time together after the masses cleared out. I've never seen so much food and people in my life. Oh well, I salute the SOUTH! It is truly a huge part of our history. I think John even enjoyed quite a bit of the ceremony as well.

On Sunday, I went to the Y and walked for a little over 4 miles. I came home, showered, and then John and I went to a neighbor's house for a cookout. We had a blast! We were only going to stay a short period of time, but ended up staying for 3 hours, just yapping with the other neighbors that were there and hanging out on the back deck. It was a lot of fun.

Anyway, I'm here at work today and am exhausted, so I'm looking forward to getting some real rest tonight. I went to the doctor on Friday because my insomniatic traits seem to be kicking back in. I'm not sure if it's the baby or just my sleep pattern/cycle is off again, but they put me on a safe sleep aid to take while pregnant. I like Ambien, that's good stuff! It's been nice to get a good night's sleep ever few nights. I didn't take any last night, and didn't sleep well, but I still think that was from running to the bathroom to pee four times last night because the baby has been doing a happy dance on my cervix here the past week. Whew, where is February 11th? :) We have another ultrasound on Friday, so I'll try to add those pictures to the blog!

Love you guys and hope all of you have a great week!
Cindy

No comments: