Friday, June 29, 2007

TGIF!


Well, it's finally Friday. After the few days from hell in Atlanta, we arrived home (thank God) Wednesday morning. The city is hot and dirty and filled with vagrants. I was not impressed at all with Atlanta. The best part of the whole trip was the tour of CNN.

The Sheraton Atlanta hacked both of us off. We arrived Sunday to be put in a "small" room with only a double bed, I then had to call back down...8 floors....to the front desk, and complain that we needed to be moved because it was a double room and I had requested a king room. So back to the front desk, I talked to the manager to let him know that we were both pretty livid, and up 7 floors in another tower. We then had a bigger room with the king bed. We need a king because we both tend to waller around while sleeping. THEN, on Monday and Tuesday, our room was not made until almost 5 p.m. By the time we had left, our opinion of the Sheraton had gone to hell real fast. We stayed at the Sheraton last year in San Diego and LOVED every minute of it, this past year was a different story. All our complaining got us a free night's stay at a hotel, so I think we may go to the Sheraton waterside in Norfolk for our anniversary.

I finally got back into running some while we were in Atlanta. I'm walking 5 minutes and running 5 for an hour, and then walking another 30 at a very slow pace. This usually totals 7 miles or so, which is good for us. Still no spotting and the baby seems to be doing fine. I'm just so tired by the time I get home at night or first thing in the morning. I hear this will pass at the end of the first trimester. I'm looking forward to that second trimester! What I wouldn't have given to have stayed in bed this morning....

We have a short work week this week with the 4th of July and I have off on Friday because it's my flex day off. Hope all of you have a safe and happy holiday. I hope I get to eat a big cheeseburger off the grill this 4th. One of my cravings....and fat free frozen yogurt.

God bless and take care! Oh, and here's our engagement picture :)
Cindy

No comments: