Thursday, January 25, 2018

Perfect Paragraphs

I love to write when my students write!!

Heroes 
    I can see you standing in front of the classroom in your pencil-like skirt and your stiletto heels.  You have eyes of steel, yet a loving heart when educating your students on reading, writing, and arithmetic.  I have followed in our footsteps, hoping that I can be half the teacher were and instill the love of learning on our future generations of leaders. You are my mother, and my only hero amongst the many individuals that have walked beside me.

Favorite Childhood Show
    "C is for cookie is good enough for me" brought a blue monster to the television screen, capturing my attention and my love for Sesame Street at a very young age.  I waited patiently each morning to learn how to "get to Sesame Street," and what new words, and science experiments I may be introduced to, especially when Oscar the Grouch dug around in his mound of moldy trash.  Ironically, many years later, I would work for the same television show I grew affectionately to adore and instilled some of the similar rewarding lessons in my son as he tuned in every morning with a bottle of milk in his hand.

Gadgets
    Zoom Zoom! You take me many different places.  Your backup camera makes parallel parking in downtown Richmond much easier than running over the curb.  You can answer my cellphone with a touch of a button. Although not always accurate, you provide me directions to exciting new destinations to explore with my nine-year-old.  You have the title of the Silver Streak and the license plate of "Cindiezz."  You are my RAV4 and my car.  "Let's go places" with my Toyota.

No comments: