Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Friendship is...

Writing with my students yesterday...

Friendship is…


Friendship is defined as the state of being friends and a relationship of trust. I grew up in the small town of Goochland, so finding friends was never a problem, but finding that one true friend you trusted, had its issues.  My neighbor Janis and I were born ten days apart.  We played together literally, since the day we were born. She knew my crushes, knew my struggles with school, and even knew how to keep my secrets. She hysterically witnessed me walking into a tree while staring at a handsome young man in our neighborhood one day.  Even though she laughed at what I had done, she didn’t judge me. We were inseparable until well after college, making me her maid of honor in her wedding.  We have gone our separate ways now with our own families, but her friendship through all those years I will always treasure. 

No comments: