Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Letter to My Son

Matthew received the recognition as leader of the week at GES.  On Wednesday, we had to write a letter to him. Mine is below.  I made my students cry when I read it to them.

February 9, 2016

Dear Matthew,

I hope you know how lucky I feel to be your mother.  Your smiles, giggles, and laughter fill my heart with so much joy!  When you are sad, Mommy is sad as well.  When you are sick, I just want to hug you and make you feel better. 

Please know how proud we both are of your accomplishments.  You have learned to read and write, ride a bike, play baseball, ski, and so much more.  We have so many more adventures ahead of us and I cannot wait to explore them with you.

One of my favorite things to do with you is to go grocery shopping.  You have helped an older lady get her groceries on the shopping belt when she couldn’t and just this past week, you drove your own shopping cart to do the grocery shopping for your Maw Maw and Pop because they were sick.  Your love, help, and support when I need you are ALWAYS there.  Ringing the Salvation Army Bell at Kroger with you back at Christmas was a wonderful experience as well.

One of my favorite memories of our adventures is you learning to drive your Hot Wheels car in the front yard (video).  My flower bed was demolished, but your joy was contagious.  You have now graduated to a four-wheeler, so please do not run into my car J

I cannot wait to go to more Flying Squirrels games, go on more shopping adventures, go to the beach, go to Comic Con conventions, and help you grow and learn.  I love you more than life itself and am probably the luckiest mother in the world.  Thank you for being my son!

Love,


Mommy

No comments: