Monday, September 20, 2010

Field Day 2010


Hard to believe this was a year ago....

We attended Field Day of the Past this weekend. We went on Saturday which is definitely different for us. We have, in the past, played hookie from church and gone on Sunday. I felt like church was important this past weekend for Matthew started his new Sunday School class and other activities there.

I got up Saturday morning and did a 7 miles run (booyah!) and Matthew and I both took a nap. He woke up after one hour so it was not what I wanted it to be. We ate lunch, and had to keep kicking John in the butt to get him motivated to get out the door. I swear men take longer than women sometimes.

We went, and Matthew was enamored with the whole thing. I've never seen a child want to play on so many bulldozers in my life. That was the nice part this year, they had much more equipment for the kids to jump on than last year. Of course, Matthew decided to push a button and blow the horn on one of the bulldozers. I think next year will be even better, he can actually ride some of the rides at the event. I have to describe Field Day as a miniature State Fair. I still think one of his favorite things to see is the 4-H area where there are cows, horses, baby chickens, you name it...for him to pet and see. He really liked the alpacas, he tried to call them like the cats (which didn't work!). It was, for the most part, a nice family day.

On Friday, I took Matthew to ride the train at Short Pump. He loves it, and then we played in the fountains there, and ate at McDonald's. I am not "digging" the fact that he is so crazy about their chicken nuggets, but I'm glad he is at least eating something, especially with all the texture issues he has had since he was a year old. I dumped him at my parents' house so I could get my hair cut, we went grocery shopping at Martin's, and headed home. I LOVE me some Martin's, I saved $17 there with coupons and reusable bags this past Friday. Woohoo!

Hugs everyone, enough running my mouth, I need to get some work done.
Cindy

No comments: