Monday, August 3, 2009

Another weekend...





And a boring one at that for the most part.

We got up Saturday morning to do the usual, change the sheets on the bed, watch Thomas the Train on a DVD, played and ran around the house, and took a nap. Well, Matthew took the nap, I took advantage of it, and went for a 6 1/2 mile run on our treadmill, while watching The Italian Job (totally love that flick).

Showered, ate lunch, and headed to work....oh joy! I did work with a super group of people, the Altrusas. Those girls were so much fun to work with, it made the 7 hours go by rather quickly. Score for proverbial pledge drive, we did well. I do believe totally in what PBS does for the community, but hate working on a Saturday when I can't be with my little guy. Score yet again, I have a 4 day weekend :) Flex schedule and comp time, you can't ask for better.

Sunday, we were sinners and skipped church. It was raining, and I didn't have the energy. I did go for a walk on the treadmill when Matthew napped with 5 lb weights in each hand. EEEK...it was hard. I sweated more than when I run. Anyway, that's what I'm going to do tomorrow morning, so I'm not beating the hell out of my knees as much. I think every other day running is a better route to take. I don't want to be in a wheelchair chasing John and Matthew around Disneyland.

Matthew and I did the whole grocery shopping thing Sunday morning too. He's such a good little man. Never misbehaves and loves to go in the grocery store. Just wait until he's actually walking, I bet we have a whole different story to tell. Discipline has been a little different at home, Matthew is a true climber now...especially on the sofa. This is fine with me, but I think with our babysitter it's not sitting too well (no pun intended).

We made a run to Target. Evidently the back to school bug has hit, for it was freaking insane in that store. I bought a new table for our foyer, looks real nice too :)

Next on our purchasing agenda, a new HD television. I can't wait :)

Hope all of you have a great week. Here are my felines :) and the kid too!

No comments: