Friday, December 24, 2021

A time to reflect

What an amazing year of adventure for my entire family.  I am grateful to God in all his blessings from above.  My mother is now here in Utah with us, so I am incredibly blessed to spend Christmas with her.  I told my husband I had to write the story of getting her here because I'll forget it if I don't make a record of the entire adventure.

On December 11th, Matthew and I landed in Richmond, Virginia to begin the process of getting mom back to Utah.  I have an assisted living here in St. George handling her medical care and needs, however, getting her on a commercial flight with Alzheimer's, diabetic issues, and seizures would be the scariest flight ever. We were lucky enough to have connections to get her to our state on a private jet.  

Church Friend

Preface this to the fact I HATE flying.  I am a nervous wreck on any flight.  The one into Richmond was no cakewalk.  Our flight for the last 45 minutes was a bouncy wave of torture.  We flew through the storm that had caused widespread tornadic destruction in Kentucky.  I was so happy to see the runway below...

Anyway, mom, Matthew, and I drove on Monday, December 13th, to the Chesterfield Airport, and boarded a private jet to St. George, Utah. It was an amazing experience.  Mom did, however, have a small seizure on the flight, but it passed, and after I smacked her on the face, she said, "What do you want?" I knew she'd recover.  Matthew got to sit in the cockpit for a bit.  




After we landed, John literally drove up to the plane, and thanked the pilots for keeping his family safe.  There are days marriage is a tough road no matter what turn you take, but we ALWAYS find our love for each other winning.  I am so thankful for him and his eternal love for me.  It took a lot of frogs to find my prince.  Sixteen years and counting....we continue our journey in life together.


Lucky girl

I love my students, my job, this beautiful state and the freedoms it allows for its residents (no shot here).  I am so proud of my family, and believe it or not, I am proud of myself.  I've come a long way from the kid who failed her SATs three times, to a successful educator with a Masters degree and her degree to be an administrator at a school.  PHD is right around the corner. 

Mom will be visiting for the holiday.  Pray for me....it will be an interesting day for the two of us.

Love, 

Cindy, John, and Matthew 

Pics from the flight





No comments: