Thursday, July 8, 2021

Struggles are real......

 If there is one thing you do not know about me, I have always struggled with my weight.  I do not "yo-yo" diet....never have.  My senior year of high school, I actually weighed in at 175 pounds. My mom enrolled me in a fitness and weight loss program. By graduation in June, I weighed in at 135.  It was an amazing journey, but a struggle none the less.  


As I have aged, I am almost OCD about working out daily. Even if I am getting sick, I am still doing a Jillian Michaels video, walking, or going for a run.  I feel completely guilty if I miss a day.  I use "My Fitness Pal" to record my eating.  Mind you, I do not always record every little "bite" that hits my lips, however, I do try to hold myself accountable.

Since moving to Utah three weeks ago, I feel as though I have gotten healthier.  Outdoor walks in the morning after aerobics are my favorite.  Encounters with a roadrunner, witnessing paramotoring, and even seeing a few hot air balloons have been part of my daily routine.  My neighborhood is amazing.  We go for nightly bike rides together as a family, HOWEVER, it has been hot as hell, or hell may be even cooler (highs of 111 this past week).   I try to run two to three days a week as well, hitting between 8 and 9 miles.  There is a half marathon here in our area, and I'm determined to "kill it" this year. Daily routine includes: Jillian Michaels video, walk/run, and biking with the family.  School is starting again soon, so it will be interesting to see how life changes and hitting school at an earlier time will affect my routine. I thankfully have joined a gym with an indoor track.  Looking forward to finally using that as time prevails.


I post daily pictures after my workouts on Facebook. I do not brag...it's not the point. I want to motivate and instill in others the importance of good health.  Eat healthy, exercise, and find your sweet spot. God bless!




No comments: