Monday, September 18, 2017

Back to School and Other Junk....

Co Teacher...how do you take selfies with this?
It is hard to believe summer is over. We are well into our school year now.  I am in year five of teaching at Goochland Middle, and my sweet boy is taking on fourth grade.  I never believed my mom when she said time flies, but I sure do feel her pain now.  I began a countdown on the board today for my students, only 160 to go before summer break.  Hopefully, we are looking forward to some snow days mixed in there this year.
Year 5


Our summer consisted of a trip to Emerald Isle, and some changes around the house.  Nothing major, just cosmetics of painting decks, and redoing two flower beds.  Matthew attended several camps in the summer, including Lego, STEM, Minecraft, and the Minion Camp through Goochland Parks and Recreation.

Momma
Mom continues to live at her nursing facility. We had quite a scare back in July when there was a presence of internal bleeding.  She stayed about three days in Henrico Doctors.  It seems her bleeding was due to an incredibly horrible case of acid reflux and gerd.  She also has developed congestive heart failure, but we are thankful that can be controlled with medications.

My dad seems to be slipping now as well. For two weeks he has missed medications, so we are trying to figure out the next course of action for him.  Being an only child SUCKS and heart breaking, and for the most part, beyond exhausting.  We are coping the best we know how, but when you work full-time and have your own family you want to be with, it makes daily tasks more challenging.

I will continue to update.  Matthew pulled the bingo balls at the nursing home this weekend. His kindness continues to amaze me, and I know how incredibly blessed I am to have him in my life (and John too!). (Field Day of the Past is there too!)






No comments: