Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Merry Christmas!




Holy freaking crap, it's almost Christmas. And I have been horrible about writing. Life at our house continues to be a blessing. We now have our Christmas tree up and the little tyke is enthralled by all the lights, and ornaments. Thankfully, it is still standing!

I finally took my first trip to the dentist in SEVEN years! It was all good, Dr. Wood is awesome. I had a filling put in as well for a tooth that will eventually bite the dust, but for now it's not hurting and should maintain itself for a while, hopefully another 10 to 15 years. I was concerned insurance wouldn't cover it, but I was wrong, they paid for EVERYTHING! Yippee, no $222 bill for us. Another blessing during these tough economic times.

I'm afraid my favorite vehicle, my Ford Escape is about to go to the scrapyard. It seems every time I try to drive it, there's an issue. For some reason, every vehicle I own has issues with a cooling system. Hence, the Escape. I started her up the other day and the low antifreeze light came on, but John tried it out this weekend and all was fine. It was leaking oil about a year ago, that was fixed, thank God for friends who will work on your car at a reasonable price! I thought there were some transmission issues going on, but it seems to have worked itself out. John seems to think water got into the tank or something, all seems well for now, but I just think it's a matter of time before she dies.

As for the Toyota Matrix, I like it, and I love the gas mileage it gets, but it's not real condusive to having a child and getting around town, carrying toys, etc. So, I'm dealing with the thought of buying a new car, getting rid of both the Matrix and the Escape. Car shopping can be fun, but also a huge pain in the behind. I feel as though I'm buying a house with all the freaking paperwork involved...eek! And the last thing I want is another personal property tax bill, but alas, that's the way it all goes. If I could afford it, I'd buy a Toyota FJ like now, love that car.

Christmas shopping for us is complete! Thank you internet gods for Amazon.com and gift cards that can be shipped for free. And my most favorite cite, shutterfly.com! You have helped to keep the grandparents happy!

I have now joined the 39 year old blind group, I had to buy reading glasses. As for the weight loss, I am now down 20 lbs, 10 more to go, but I think it will be a slow ten. I saw Dr. Armstrong yesterday (my obgyn), freaking scales weighed me 4 lbs more than I weighed at home. I also discussed the possibility of another kid and what issues I may have at my age. She said with my exercising, I have a body of a 20 year old, so hopefully that means a healthy baby when the time comes. I'm just not quite ready yet....John is ready now. I guess so, he doesn't do half the work that I do....or any mother does.

I'm outta here, and will post next week, have a great week my peeps!


Cindy


No comments: