Wednesday, June 24, 2009

When is it all gonna stop?



So three weeks ago, Matthew got that horrible virus, and was in the hospital for 3 days, then the next week, I topped out with a fever of 103, and one week later, John gets the stomach flu. So much fun at the Matejka home that I can't stand it! John is now feeling better, so hope that it lasts!

Friday night we enjoyed some quality time with our former neighbors Mandi and Kurt and their cutie patootie kids, Isabella and Sam. Girlfriend, you know how to do some good cooking! We enjoyed our time with these fine Christian people. Matthew was pretty much in heaven playing with their two kids, and decided that Sam's little sofa was really Matthew's for the night...it was pretty funny stuff.

I enjoyed some quality time with Matthew on Saturday, went for a run (thank God I'm getting back into a routine), and played some more with the boy. Always fun chasing a toddler around. I then made the horrendous, and yet stupid decision to head to Wal-Mart on a Saturday to do some shopping. I also decided while en route, that I'd stop at Car Pool and get the SUV looking spiffy. And damn, she looks pretty good for being a 7 year old lad.

Off to Wal-Mart hell we went. I got some chips and dip for a family function on Sunday and Matthew some new shoes. I can't believe the rate that kid's feet are growing! Sheesh! I don't believe in the whole "Stride Rite" affair, shoes are shoes, and I'm not putting $55 into a pair of shoes that will only last a month. Needless to say, we also found a Thomas the Train video on DVD. This kid thought I'd hit the lottery was doing the whole "choo choo" sound to the register and to the car, and in the car. Anyway, the sad part is I'm going shopping there again this Saturday. Times are tough and doing cost comparisons with Ukrop's and Wal-Mart, there's just no doubt who I'm going to choose.

We left and then headed to Grandma's for a short visit. Home, bath, bedtime routine.

Sunday was a family day on Lake Anna. It seems my aunt and uncle have acquired a trailer there on Christopher Run Campground. It's really very nice! My uncle has built a deck and attached it to the side, and we were all there, including cousin Tony's big Boxer Aeson. It was a good time. We ate, drank, and had some fun. Matthew was having a ball, but he definitely has the exploring gene from John and wanted to take off roaming the campground. In his infinite wisdom of trying to find his way around, decided to fall on a rock. Another bruise on the forehead! I'll never get any good pics of this kid for the month of June!

We left around 3:30 and got home. Matthew fell asleep in the car and I just let him rest upstairs after we got in the house. After he woke up, we played for a while and then daddy got home. This is when John got sick, violently vomited, ewww. At least I didn't have to clean it up.

Needless to say, I have been a germiphobe and have been cleaning daily with Clorox and Lysol. I don't need Matthew getting sick again and run a high fever, etc. I do not want to see the hospital again for a very long time.

Enough said. I'm looking forward to a 3-day weekend (car inspection on Friday AND a follow up visit to the hospital...I'm sure Matthew will be overjoyed!).
Love, Cindy

No comments: