Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Finally some time to write...




Being a new mom has been rather hectic, but I'm loving it. Matthew arrived on 2/7 via a scheduled c-section. He's absolutely freaking adorable. He's in dream land right now in his swing beside me while I write this. I love to watch his facial expressions while he is dreaming. He smiles and frowns, I don't know what he is dcreaming about, but I hope the smiles are directed towards John and I. I'm reading to him every night. I don't know if he knows that I'm reading to him, or what the heck I'm talking about, but he does look at the book and pictures, so hopefully, he is cognitively thinking about something. He will be two weeks old in two more days, so hard to believe how time is flying. I can't wait for Friday. I can drive again and I'm so outta of this house. I'm tired of being couped up here and not being able to drive. At least I'll be released on Friday to go out. I was bad yesterday and went to Food Lion here in Goochland to get a few things. John watched the baby. I have had no complications from my surgery, so John said he didn't see why it would make a difference. It's only like five miles away anyway.




Oh well, here are a couple of pictures of the little stinker. I'll be glad when he opens his eyes a little more.




Love to all of you and thank you for the gifts while we were in the hospital.


Cindy

2 comments:

Missy Glave said...

He's such a doll!!!

We can't wait until you come for a visit. Just let us know when it works for you.

HarryJack's Mom said...

Hi Cindy, I'm Missy's neighbor and just wanted to congratulate you on your beautiful boy! I had to laugh and cry a bit remembering those first sweet days, and I hope you have as much joy in your sweet boy as I've had in mine. Congratulations and cherish every minute!