Saturday, August 15, 2020

For the love of a house....

We said goodbye to the house that built me.  I was born and raised here.  I had a kitty growing up named Rainbow and a cute little dog named Oscar.  My parents put in a pool when I was 12 (yeah, it was awesome!).


I used to sit with my Dad on the back porch while we cooked burgers on the grill. Badminton in the backyard, gazebo barbecues, lame-ass fireworks, car washing/waxing lessons, bicycle rides, broken arms, and many more neighborhood adventures just to name a few. And I could never forget my parents packing all the neighborhood kids in their car to go to the movies at Ridge Theater. I planned my wedding at that house, and watched our Matthew "toddler" about as he grew into the teen he is today.  I am beyond blessed to have resided on Rochelle Road.  Now someone else will make memories, grow a family, and plan their lives.

We cleaned out a LOT. We just finished our eighth dumpster, and there was still some "junk" left.  Because the new buyer is doing a gut renovation, we just left it. Mom will have funding to take care of her for a while, and yes, I'm treating myself to a new car.  I have worked hard for 8 years caring for both of my parents, and my dad would want it that way.  I will miss him being my partner in crime on my car purchase.  He was always my "gadget" guy...but Matthew is now up for the task.  Toyota, look out, will see you soon.




To 557, my love to you for building me into the young lady I am today (and yes, 50 is NOT that old!).
Cindy

No comments: