Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Steven Creasey for Sheriff

There is a Sheriff's race in Goochland, and I got to do a little writing!


July 3, 2019 
To the Editor:

I have been a lifelong resident of Goochland County. I attended Randolph Elementary, Goochland Middle, and Goochland High School (Class of ‘88, Go Bulldogs!). I am proud to call Goochland County my home and gratefully serve the community in which I live. My family is also honored to live here, including our eleven year old son Matthew, who is an avid participant in the Boy Scouts, and other organizations throughout the division.

I remember fondly being a sixth grader at Randolph. At that time, sixth graders still attended school at the elementary level. Bus 8 took me on a long ride from Rochelle Road to my home school, but along the way, it picked up a sweet first grader, named Steven Creasey.

Steven Creasey has been a stable part of the Goochland community since his birth. Like myself, he has given back to the community in which he grew up, providing over two decades of his professional career to Goochland County. His commitment to all that live here is of the utmost in ethical and moral standards.

My son assisted with a Boy Scout dinner not so long ago. Steven and his wife were in attendance, and raffle tickets were bought by many of us to raise awareness and to give support to Troop 710. Steven won one of the raffles, and gave all of his winnings back to the scout troop to assist in their summer camps, their campouts, and their hikes. This is the most beautiful of sentiments by an unselfish man who wants to be an integral part of the leadership in Goochland County.

Other political candidates for this position have found bullying and childish antics to be more important than what the true reasoning is in this election. I thought these shenanigans were more appropriate for the preschool playground, and not in a community that you want to lead, or to support, or to love. Therefore, it is with great tenacity and with a bombastic voice that the Matejka family shouts from the roof our support for Steven Creasey for Sheriff. Won’t you join us?

Sincerely,
Cynthia Charlton-Matejka 

Goochland Lifelong Resident 

No comments: